Demolition Derby

Earlier in the summer, J asked if I would be interested in going to a demolition derby at the Weber County Fair. I gave a VERY reluctant yes. He assured me I would enjoy it and got us tickets. So on the second weekend in August, we headed up for Ogden. Neither of us had been to Ogden before, so the day before the event, I got a dinner suggestion from a coworker who lives in the area. He suggested Rovali's, an Italian restaurant on Ogden's historic Main Street.

The night ended up being a delightful surprise! The restaurant was great. We got there a bit early so it wasn't too full. Despite it being an Italian restaurant, the decorations were mostly posters and album covers of older rock bands. My coworker suggested we try the lavender lemonade so we got a glass to share. Didn't expect it to be as good as it was! Joey noted it tasted like a much better version of Squirt. I love good garlic bread and that place did not disappoint.

After dinner, we wandered around the fair for a bit. It was super hot so we tried to stick to the indoor locations. Eventually, we made our way to the demolition derby. Turns out, watching cars smash into each other was a lot more fun than it sounded! I told J that I would be okay if we made this an annual activity.

A fair requirement: deep fried food
Smashed cars


At some point, the cars got close enough we got a little mud splattered on us

Yep, super fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restaurant Roulette-Sumoritto

Halloween and Day of the Dead 2018