Monday, March 11, 2013

Because I don't always talk about dating...

The view from my kitchen window

I had a very quiet weekend. Unusually quiet. So I took advantage of my freedom and did some spring cleaning. I rearranged my bookshelves, which is a huge deal for a book nerd like myself. I left them in color coded order (based on the order of the rainbow colors)(and yes, it does mean that the Harry Potter books are not together) but I pushed them to the back, against the back wall of the shelves, then put my trinkets in front of the books. It's not a big deal for most people, but I was very excited with the end results.

I also spent some time sorting through my stuff I have in storage. I got rid of SO. MUCH. Stuff. Seriously, who carts around that much crap? I'm only one person! Books, cds, an old jewelry box and a vacuum cleaner (maybe someday I'll post about my strange love of vacuuming). DI and the library benefited greatly from my spring cleaning!

Friends, it was a lot of work, but when I was done, I felt so free! I move a lot and I had some items that should have been donated two moves ago. Eek!  Also, I'll be moving again in a few months and it's nice to know I have one less carload of junk to worry about. While I was sorting through some boxes, I found a bunch of my old journals and I had a quick read. I laughed and cried. It felt good. Overall, it was a productive and enjoyable weekend.

Anyone else in spring cleaning mode?

No comments:

Post a Comment