Thursday, February 21, 2013

Why I started this blog

I don't have a lot of talents. I don't play an instrument, unless you count the guitar I started strumming about a month ago. My singing is best when I'm in the car alone. I don't decorate cakes and I definitely don't sew.

But I won't lie, I'm good at dating. Give me a boy and an available weekend and I can make it work. But I wasn't always like this. Growing up, I had exactly zero guy friends. I went on my first date when I was eighteen and looking back, I'm pretty sure it was a pity date. When I started school at BYU, I thought for sure I would start going on a ton of dates. Hah! From 18 to 22 I went on a total of ten dates and most of them I asked him. Then I went on a mission. There was definitely no dating during those precious eighteen months. When I got home, I barely even socialized, let alone date.

Around this time, I started getting really frustrated. Why were there girls who could go on multiple dates a week and in my 24 years of life, I had gone on 11 dates? I wondered what kind of secret magic these girls possessed. Had I just missed the Dating 101 class in high school that every girl got?

So I embarked on a quest. A quest to figure out this game we call Dating. Turns out, dating was something I could practice and get better at! Eight months after I got home from my mission, I went on my first official date. Since then, I've been on a lot of dates and I've even been in a few relationships. It's been a lot of fun!

I started this blog because I want to share what I've learned. What worked for me and what didn't. It breaks my heart to see my beautiful friends crying because they spent yet another weekend at home, without a date. All because they are awesome, but they just don't know how to show it to the boys in their life.

Ladies, it's not you. It's your technique. My blog is here to show you the correct techniques. Better dating can be learned. Trust me when I say, if I can go on three dates in one weekend, anyone can go on three dates in one weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment